Premier TechWe are seeking a purchaser to join our team and work in collaboration with the lead purchaser. Together you will be responsible for managing the complete purchasing cycle for our live order equipment!
Premier Tech is one of the largest industrial packaging equipment manufacturers in the industry. Joining their team means embarking on a unique adventure in an innovative and people-oriented international business. Ready to make a difference?
We are seeking a purchaser to join their team and work in collaboration with the lead purchaser. Together you will be responsible for managing the complete purchasing cycle for their live order equipment! You will be active at the heart of the operations, liaising with all disciplines to ensure that they meet the customers’ needs.
This Means That You Will
- Act as a resource person for the team in solving day-to-day problems.
- Evaluate the feasibility of the technical teams’ requests for parts and identify possible ways to satisfy them.
- Fill out and issue purchase orders and send them to suppliers.
- Ensure consistency between the orders sent and the confirmations received from suppliers.
- Proactively look for alternative or equivalent products from suppliers in case of shortage, discontinuity or late production, and other possible situations.
- Analyze any cost discrepancies between the purchase order and the vendor invoice and, when needed, make the appropriate modifications.
- Receive and analyze requests from team members for products and services.
- Work on special procurement or sourcing projects as required.
- Contact suppliers regarding back orders and unreceived confirmations.
- Analyze and correct non-compliance situations in terms of quantity, quality, delivery times and transport.
This role is perfect for you if you…
- Have completed a secondary vocational education in a technical field, minimally an MBO.
- Have 3 to 5 years of working experience in a similar role, preferably in the machine building industry.
- Know all about the local, national and international supply chain.
- Have a high knowledge of logistics principles such as freight, customs, production, insurance, inventory control and supply management.
- Are familiar with laws and rules for shipping in EU countries and third-party countries outside EU.
- Have the skills to develop a network of vendors.
- Have experience in inventory management methods and quality control within a purchasing context.
- Are customer-oriented: you naturally respond to requests from both internal and external customers with a sense of urgency and professionalism.
- Are familiar with using an ERP system and Microsoft Excel.
- Are fluent in English, both written and spoken.
Being a Premier Tech team member means playing with a global and diverse team. Premier celebrates team wins, big and small, by valuing the role that everyone played in it. We at VLSG look forward to hearing from you. Hit the Apply (Solliciteer nu) button on top of this page to learn more about this challenge!
If you have questions about this position or you want to apply?, please contact: Sebastiaan Hulsman – Managing Partner VLSG on: +31 (0)85 – 822 55 11 / email@example.com